Frequently Asked Questions
1) Why should I give online? What are the advantages?
Online giving is a convenient way to contribute to the ministry of First Baptist Church. It eliminates the need to write checks and enables you to give from anywhere. If you miss weekend services you will still be able to give.
2) Who can participate in online giving?
Anyone who wishes to give to First Baptist Church and has a checking/saving account can participate. You do not need to be a member of First Baptist Church to give online.
3) Do you accept credit or debit cards?
Not at this time. The fees associated with credit/debit cards are more expensive then the fees for EFT (electronic funds transfer).
4) If I set up online giving, can I still give by check from time to time?
Yes. You have total freedom to choose how and when to give.
5) What if I try online giving and don’t like it?
There is no requirement to use online giving. It is very easy to begin or stop making online giving transactions whenever you desire.
6) Can I designate which funds I give to?
No. Right now we just have the General Fund set up. We may set up the option to designate to other funds in the future.
7) Can I schedule recurring donations?
Yes, you can specify whether you want your contribution made one time, weekly, every two weeks, or monthly.
8) Will I still receive a contribution statement?
Yes, we will still have your year-end giving statement available for you. You will also receive an email confirmation every time you give online.
9) What if I need to change my contribution?
You can view, edit, or delete a scheduled contribution at anytime, including the bank account number, date, frequency and amount as long as you created an account on the giving page.
10) Is online giving secure?
We've taken steps to ensure that the giving process is safe and secure from beginning to end. First Baptist Church and our online giving provider ‘Clover Donations’, take security very seriously. All information is encrypted with 256 bit SSL encryption. SSL is an acronym for "Secure Socket Layer", a security protocol that provides communications privacy over the Internet. It is the same technology used by banks and e-commerce companies such as Amazon.com to keep your information safe and secure during transactions.
11) Do I incur a charge for using online giving?
There is no cost to you.
12) Does the church incur a fees for using online giving?
Yes. First Baptist pays the fees associated with online giving. Through our host site, Clover Donations, and our merchant account, BluePay, we pay 1% + $0.29 per transaction. For a more detailed breakdown, please visit Click here.
13) How long does it take for online giving to process?Generally it takes 3-5 business days to withdraw from your bank account and deposit into the church's financial accounts.
14) How will my online giving transaction appear on my bank statement?
Your bank statement will list a transaction from First Baptist Church.
15) Who is the church's online giving provider?
The church uses ‘Clover Donations' as its online giving provider. Their website is https://www.cloverdonations.com
16) Who do I contact for more information?
Please contact the church office at 573-642-3348 or contact our financial secretary by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
17) How to find my bank routing number ?
Click here to see a guide to show you how to find your bank routing number.